Blessings


Sometimes we (myself included) give the wrong definition to blessings. We think a blessing is when a prayer is answered the way we want, or when something good happens to us. A blessing may evne be defined as getting out of something we didn’t want to do. Generally, when we think of the word, we think of it in association with positive feelings and good things happening. However, that is not always the case. I feel like in my life, sometimes I miss God’s blessings because I am looking for the wrong thing. Sometimes, it’s a blessing when a prayer is answered with a “no” or “not yet.” Sometimes, it’s a blessing when we DON’T get what we want. I try and think about it in a child-like way. If your kid asks if they can eat a big bowl of ice cream before bed and you tell them no, the kid is probably super disappointed, but it is really a blessing in disguise because you are saving them from a tummy ache and possibly being up all night not able to sleep.

No comments