Meditation new year – Bless This Day O Lord

I love to knit, to take photos, write prayers and plant gardens. Each creative act crafts something unique. It holds something of my love for the person I create it, and something of my love for God. It holds part of who I am and of whom I think they are. I am blessed in its creating and I hope that others will be blessed in its sharing.
As I sit here pondering this today I think “This is something like the blessing of God.” It is present in every creative act that God performs. It holds something of who God is and who God hopes we will be come. It is always with us, – in snowflakes and raindrops, in sunsets and starry nights, in the faces of friends and strangers – waiting to be unveiled in the simple mundanes acts and trivial details of our lives.  This is both awe inspiring and breath stopping.

No comments